Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, our legendary Swedish FireSteel® is the original fire starter. Being the best, however, means always having to push the envelope. The result was a newer generation with an improved striker that makes it even easier to build a fire in any weather, at any altitude. Our second generation Swedish FireSteel 2.0® also features a new design, a color matched lanyard, and a built-in emergency whistle. The Swedish FireSteel’s dependability and intense, close to 2,980°C (5,400°F) sparks, have long made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen, and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a foolproof way to light stoves and gas barbecues.
- Reliable performance at all altitudes and in cold weather—2,980°C (5,400°F) spark.
- Durable—lasts approximately 12,000 strikes.
- Ignites all tinder and can be used for campfires, gas stoves, and gas barbecues.
- Works equally well when wet.
- Striker handle includes a built-in emergency whistle.
- Bright spark can be used as an emergency signal.
- Material: Swedish FireSteel – magnesium alloy; Striker – Stainless steel
- Weight: 1.8 oz. (50 g)